Freese and Nichols is currently searching for a transportation project manager for our growing Central Texas Team. The position will be located in San Antonio, Texas. The successful candidate will serve as a design lead and project manager for state and local government transportation and infrastructure projects including roadways, highways, and freeways. This position will help grow the transportation practice in the San Antonio region by expanding Freese and Nichols’ capabilities.
· Leading the analysis, design, and preparation of technical reports, plans, specifications and estimates for various transportation projects.
· Pursuing available opportunities.
· Growing and maintaining client relationships.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Minimum Experience - 8-18 years of experience in roadway design with at least 2+ years of progressive project management experience.
o Project management experience should include client communication and reporting responsibilities, management of deadlines and project deliverables, project execution and quality management, agency coordination, scope and fee development along with project scheduling and tracking of activities.
· Minimum Education - Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
· Minimum Certifications - Texas professional engineering license (or the ability to become licensed in Texas within 6 months).
· Proficient in MicroStation and Geopak/Open Roads.
· Strong technical skills in roadway design.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
· Master’s degree in Civil Engineering.
· TXDOT experience.
· Drainage/traffic engineering experience.
About Freese and Nichols
Freese and Nichols, Inc. is a professional consulting firm serving clients across the Southwest and Southeast United States. With sustainability in mind, Freese and Nichols plans, designs and manages infrastructure projects. It is the first engineering/architecture firm to receive the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award and Fortune Magazine’s Top 100 Best Medium Workplaces – No. 19. For more information about Freese and Nichols, visit www.freese.com