This career opportunity is for a full time, entry to mid-level Lighting Designer to join our team in Boulder, CO.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support project managers on a variety of diverse project types
• Create and analyze lighting calculations using AGI32 lighting calculation software
• Perform analysis and create reports in Microsoft Excel
• Draft lighting and electrical plans from red-line markups
• Engage with industry representatives
• Support team with development of professional reports and presentations
• Attend project meetings with project managers and principals
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor of Science in Architectural Engineering or other related design degree
• Internship to 4 years experience
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• An appreciation and understanding of architectural design and building systems
• Visualization skills - sketching, rendering, modeling, and conveying lighting design concepts and technical information in graphic formats
• Good communication skills - written and verbal
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit, AGI32, and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Willing and able to self-learn new software
• Visual Basic, SketchUp, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Publisher, ComCheck, Matlab
Please provide a cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Additional Salary Information: Generous benefits package available
About Clanton & Associates, Inc.
Clanton & Associates, Inc., located in Boulder, CO, is a lighting design and engineering firm that is nationally and internationally renowned as a leader in sustainable lighting design and engineering. With over 38 years of experience, Clanton & Associates combines design and technical excellence in lighting, daylighting, controls and electrical systems. Clanton & Associates works on a wide variety of project types including civic, academic, exhibit, hospitality, office, transportation, landscape, master planning, and urban environments.