- 0-3 years of structural design experience;
- Master’s degree with specialization in structural engineering;
- Structural design experience in post-tensioned concrete, reinforced concrete, wood, masonry and steel;
- Strong technical understanding of seismic design principles and structural dynamics;
- A working knowledge of the California Building Code and relevant design standards (i.e. AISC, ACI, NDS);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- E.I.T. required and P.E. license considered an asset; and,
- Ability to accurately read and interpret drawing plans.
And, you’re also described as being:
- A difference-maker;
- A positive team-player who is always seeking solutions to challenges;
- Someone who communicates clearly and concisely;
- A multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment;
- Someone who radiates enthusiasm, energy and passion;
- Someone who is organized, efficient and confident; and,
- A critical thinker who manages ambiguity well and is able to identify the important questions.
If this sounds like you, here’s what you can expect to be doing as an Entry / Junior Level Engineer:
- Creating plans, design, computer analysis, checking drawing reviews and calculations using engineering formulas and skills for design in accordance with established codes, standards, drawings, or other specifications;
- Analyzing applicable reports, drawings, blueprints, tests, and related documentation to plan and design projects;
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering and design documents and calculations;
- Conducting field reviews and structural observations; and,
- Reviewing shop drawings, contractor requests and RFI’s.
If you can see yourself as part of our dynamic team, please send us your application by clicking APPLY. We appreciate all interest in our firm and will be in touch with you to request an interview if selected, no phone calls please.