BSA LifeStructures is a well-established and leading healthcare, higher education and research Architecture and Engineering firm with offices in Austin, Denver, Indianapolis, Kansas City, St. Louis and Raleigh. We are currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our St. Louis, MO location. Ideal candidates should have experience in Design and Construction Management and be willing to lead other Mechanical Engineering staff. If you are a Professional Engineer looking for a new opportunity with a National Architecture and Engineering Design Firm please apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Business and client development in the local market area. Create a business plan that results in acquiring three new clients in the first twelve months.
Management of client relationships.
Executive leadership on assigned projects.
Negotiate contracts and ensure compliance.
Ensure assigned projects are successfully managed to client's satisfaction.
Provide design team with vision and oversight.
Attend major quality reviews as voice of client.
Present work to client at major milestones.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
Track and manage client and project satisfaction surveys.
Review project team performance with entire team.
May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
BSA LifeStructures is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Critical Skills and Abilities
1. Design: Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
2. Effective communication skills: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; reads and interprets complex information; listens well.
3. Demonstrates leadership skills: Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for coworkers; delegates responsibility and empowers associates to make decisions and take personal accountability for decisions.
4. High accuracy and attention to detail: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; realizes errors can have significant impact on desired results and is able to avoid errors in almost all circumstances; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details and organizes and maintains a system of records.
5. Strategic Thinking: Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths and weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
6. Strong analytical and financial acumen skills: Able to gather relevant data using appropriate methodologies and analyze that data in such a manner that valid conclusions and insinuations can be drawn that assist in making important business decisions; uses financial analysis to evaluate and identify desired financial directions.
7. Strong collaboration skills.
8. Computer skills required: Microsoft Windows environment; AutoCAD; 3-D CADD; Revit (preferred), Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Google Mail; Deltek Vision experience preferred.
About BSA LifeStructures
BSA LifeStructures is an integrated design firm creating inspired solutions that improve lives through architecture, engineering, interior design, and planning services. With national expertise and regional leadership, BSA designs LifeStructures – innovative and inviting spaces that not only house the activities of healing, learning, and discovery but actually contribute to them – in order to make a difference for our clients and communities. As such, a LifeStructure is purposeful, a LifeStructure inspires, a LifeStructure delights and a LifeStructure improves lives.