Barge Cauthen & Associates, Inc. has an immediate opening for an ambitious full-time Professional Civil Engineer / Project Manager. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience with the ability to manage site development and infrastructure design projects for commercial, industrial, institutional, municipal and residential projects including coordination with governing agencies, clients, managing design staff and subconsultants, development of construction drawings and specifications, obtaining entitlements through local municipalities, developing SWPPP documents, and managing budgets and schedules, etc.
Engineer Intern Position Description
Ideal candidate will have 1 years’ experience with site development and infrastructure design projects under the direction of a Professional Engineer. Knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D required. Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with passing FE exam.
Civil Engineer - Position Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with minimum 2 yrs’ of experience in land planning and commercial site design
Active registration with the State of TN as a Professional Engineer (preferred)
Excellent communication skills and strong project management skills
Proficient in storm drainage design (hydraulics, detention analysis, water quality)
Skilled in Autocad software (knowledge of Autodesk Civil 3D is preferred; knowledge of Microstation is acceptable).
Registered LEED a plus
Additional Salary Information: Competitive salary with exceptional incentive-based bonus program.
About Barge Cauthen & Associates, Inc.
BC&A was founded in 1994 and is a certified small business based in Nashville TN. BC&A offers a small firm work environment with “large-firm” benefits. Our comfortable workplace environment has fostered a unified family of professionals and support staff that promote teamwork to produce high quality results for our diverse client base. BC&A has been the civil engineer for many local notable projects, including Jefferson Street Storm Water Improvements, four new residential halls at Vanderbilt University, Virgin Hotel, First Tennessee Sounds Stadium, the redevelopment of Bellevue Mall, Hill Center Brentwood mixed-use development, TopGolf entertainment facility, and Ovation mixed-use development in Franklin, Tennessee.
• Competitive salary with an exceptional incentive-based bonus program for ALL employees.
• Company pays 100% of employee premiums for Medical, Dental, Life, and Long-Term Disability policies.
• Company pays 50% of the dependent premiums for our employees’ family for Medical insurance.
• AFLAC supplemental policies available to employees (employee-paid).
• Vision insurance through BCBS available to employees (employee-paid).
• 401k retireme...nt plan with a ROTH component. Company match 100% up to 4% of salary per pay period.
• Maintenance of professional certifications, continuing education, training and development, and professional memberships.
• In-house lunch and learn sessions.
• Flexible work schedules and ample personal time off.
• Company-paid professional privilege taxes, license renewals and continuing education fees.
• Small firm work environment located in West Nashville with generous-sized offices, lots of natural light and full-size kitchen. Very convenient location-easy access to restaurants, grocery and I-40; free parking.