Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan since 1922 manufactures Mechanical Diode One-Way Clutches, Controllable Mechanical Diode Selectable Clutch Plates, high precision formed metal powertrain components and subassemblies for the automotive industry globally. Means fosters a culture of continuous innovation as an engineering design house. We design, assemble and test some of the most sophisticated OWC and Controllable Clutch products for Powertrain and Driveline applications in the industry. Means has a passion for problem solving that drives everything we do. Means Industries is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world's largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
GENERAL FUNCTION To provide Engineering support for manufacturing processes, projects, plant and equipment operations, cost reduction programs and capital expenditures. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Write procedures for operation of new or existing manufacturing equipment.
* Designs/specifies tools and/or machines of varying types for use in manufacture of products. * Maintains/updates tooling drawings using Autocad/Solidworks.
* Maintains maintenance work order system and work order scheduling.
* Advanced quality planning participant and leader. Support manufacturing including; training of Operators and Maintenance personnel, troubleshooting equipment, setup and work area design, ergonomics and safety.
* Works with equipment suppliers to assure that new and existing equipment meet requirements for quality, safety and durability.
* Interfaces with Product Engineering, Quality, Test, and Design to assure that new products are easily manufactured to meet customer requirements.
* Performs other manufacturing tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
REQUIREMENTS Education: Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, Industrial Engineering or a closely related technical field. Experience: Minimum of 10 years in Automation. Computer literacy required (familiar with Autocad/Solidworks, Excel, Word as minimum requirements). Familiar with SPC and Gauge R&R. Demonstrated written communication skills. Strong mechanical aptitude. Blueprint reading skills & familiarity with GD&T. Team oriented individual.
For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.meansindustries.com.