General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft (Predator B, Grey Eagle) and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
This visible and influential role will support the Senior Quality Assurance Director by leading the Quality Management System (QMS) initiatives and team. Deploy advanced quality concepts to enhance the QMS, business processes, tools, and measures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the QMS resources and objectives, including: Regulatory Compliance, Internal Audits, Corrective And Preventive Actions (CAPA), Business Process Improvement support, QMS Metrics and Records.
- Develop and document procedures and action plans to define new systems and continually improve existing systems. Provide internal training in all aspects of the QMS functions.
- Lead and/or facilitate QMS third party regulatory audits (ISO9001, AS9100, CMMI).
- Facilitate CAPA action requests from remedial action, root cause, corrective action, verification of effectiveness and through closure.
- Develop and implement system improvements to maintain process excellence through Measurement & Analysis.
- Develop innovative and practical solutions to complex and unique process problems through the use of best practices (i.e. Six-Sigma, Lean Methods). Work with integrated teams to measurably enhance overall business practices.
- Quality engineering or management experience working in the DoD or aerospace industries is required.
- Proven QMS Lead or Management experience.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to complex systems issues. Database management skills.
- Extensive experience in management, team facilitation, and training of all levels of the organization.
- Must be a team player with superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and interface effectively throughout all levels of the company. U.S. citizenship required.
- Formal training as an ISO9001 or AS9100 and CMMI v1.3 Lead Assessor, Lean Manufacturing methods, UAV product and/or technology experience.