RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and consulting services to help clients realize their most complex facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of: integrity, quality service, business success and valuing associates.
We are currently seeking a Bridge Inspection Team Leader for our Transportation-Construction Management Practice.
Our construction management experts provide a full range of program management and specialized testing and inspection services from the preconstruction phase through maintenance and operations. If you want to work on some of the nation's most complex transportation projects, join our team of construction professionals.
The Bridge Inspection Team Leader opportunity requires extensive knowledge of structural inspection, testing, and analysis, non-destructive testing techniques, structural engineering principles, project development, project management, methods and techniques of highway construction and contract administration. This position requires skill in directing, organizing, and coordinating multiple task orders, inspection teams and sub-consultants on various types of projects including Routing Bridge Safety Inspections, structure and bridge Loading Ratings, construction engineering and inspection of roadway and/or bridge projects.
This position can be based in any of the following cities: Austin, Dallas, San Antonio or Houston.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering/Engineering Technology
- 10 years of in-service bridge inspection experience
- Knowledge of bridge maintenance and repair procedures, inspection methods, and common bridge types and components
- Licensed Professional Engineer required
- Licensed Professional Engineer must be able to obtain Texas PE License
- Structural Design and/or Structural Construction Engineering & Inspection expertise preferred
- Experience performing load ratings on Routine TxDOT Bridge Inspection assignments/task work orders is preferred
- TxDOT 6.1.1 Precertification preferred
- TxDOT experience performing Routine Bridge Inspections as a Team Leader preferred
- Experience with InspectTech preferred
- Ability to read and interpret roadway, bridge and structure plans and specifications
- Ability to prepare and/or draft structural drawings and sketches
- Experience preparing automated reports, entering data and maintaining databases and files
- Completion of an FHWA-approved course in safety inspection of in-service bridges and refresher course
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products and CAD
- Willingness to travel for bridge inspection assignments
In addition to the position's skills, education and experience requirements, the following RS&H competencies are considered foundational to understanding performance, now and in the future.
* Change Orientation
* Client Focus
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an amazing team, please apply.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.