Manufacturing Engineer III (Composite Engineer)
ITT's Control Technologies, headquartered in Valencia, Calif., provides fuel management, actuation, noise abatement and vibration isolation components to the aerospace industry and customized and standard products for precision motion control, energy absorption and vibration isolation for industrial markets.
ITT offers a very attractive benefits program. Our employees enjoy medical and dental coverage, 401K savings plan, life insurance protection, sickness and accident income protection, a generous vacation and holiday program, a tuition reimbursement program, and a program that allows you to use tax-free dollars to pay for many health care and dependent care expenses.
Position Summary: Prepares detailed product designs for aircraft components.
- Draft technical proposals for product specification, qualification tests, materials, specifications, and trade studies.
- Evaluates customer technical specifications and drawings to determine process or product applicability and reproducibility; and determines the appropriate methods for fabricating and bonding materials.
- Prepare detailed parts cost estimates for labor, materials, tooling requirements, test specification and material selections for existing business and new business inquiries.
- Integral part of design team, providing manufacturability input to design.
- Review/sign engineering drawings.
- Prepare item masters, bill of materials, and manufacturing instructions/routers for the shop to produce engineering designs.
- Hands-on manufacturing process development.
- Design and manage the procurement/manufacture of tooling.
- Develop ply patterns and nesting for automated ply cutting machine.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for process and efficiency improvements throughout the manufacturing process.
- Develop visual planning tools and processes.