Pavement Services, Inc. (PSI) specializes exclusively in engineering, testing and investigation services related to pavements. Based in Portland, Oregon, PSI is a pavement engineering specialty firm providing services to public and private sector clients throughout the United States. Our team of highly qualified professionals brings decades of experience to our clients’ projects. Our engineers are civil and geotechnical engineers focused on the design, analysis, construction, management, and testing of pavements in airfield, highway, marine, industrial and commercial applications. More information about our firm can be found at www.psipdx.com.
We are currently seeking a Pavement Staff Engineer to join our small and growing team. This is a full time position based in our Portland, Oregon office. Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering. Professional work experience and/or an advanced degree in geotechnical or pavement engineering preferred. We offer a competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, PTO, paid holidays and 401(k) with match.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter and desired salary via email. Pavement Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Civil Engineering. Focus on pavements, transportation, materials, or geotechnical engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- On track to obtain Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Successful completion of Fundamental of Engineering Exam required.
- Professional work experience and/or an advanced degree in geotechnical or pavement engineering preferred.
- Engineering Skills—Candidate should be able to demonstrate experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Pavement Design
- Mechanistic-Empirical Pavement Design Methods
- Empirical Methods of Flexible and Rigid Pavement Design
- Strong Background in Geotechnical Concepts
- Pavement Management
- Pavement Condition Survey
- Software Implementation and Analysis
- Nondestructive Testing
- Falling Weight Deflectometer
- Ground penetrating radar
- Analysis/Interpretation—Ability to analyze and interpret data from reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design project
- Communication Skills
- Demonstrated ability to convey technical concepts in written form such as reports, letters, memoranda, proposals
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Experience delivering presentations to large and small groups
- Software Skills
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience using Pavement Management (MicroPAVER, StreetSaver), ESRI ArcGIS and AutoCAD software preferred.
- Field Activities
- Willingness to do pavement coring and soil borings
- Willingness to perform Pavement Conditions Index surveys
- Capable of walking 5+ miles/day and/or being on foot for 8 hours
- Ability to travel to project sites locally and nationally
- Willingness to work outside of normal work hours to meet deadlines and perform field work
- Additional Abilities
- Can-do attitude
- Collaborative and cooperative team member
- Flexible—ability to cope with last minute changes
- Ability to work independently
- A passion for engineering
- Thrives in a small team environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to perform several tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and be authorized to work on U.S. Government installations.