MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, or a closely related field; and
• Some (at least 1-3 years) experience in Civil Engineering; or
• Any combination of experience and training which provides the equivalent scope of knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the work.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Thorough knowledge of generally accepted construction standards and construction methods, materials, techniques, phases, practices, and procedures;
• Thorough knowledge of modern practices of civil engineering related to planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of a wide variety of public works facilities, including working knowledge of hydraulics, survey, road design, water, sewer, and storm design;
• Ability to develop complete and accurate plans, specifications, construction notes, and other project documentation;
• Ability to effectively and accurately interpret and enforce all relevant codes, ordinances, laws, and regulations;
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both orally and in writing, using both technical and non-technical language.
REQUIRED SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Possession of an EIT (Engineer in Training) Certification is required;
• Upon hire, must have valid Montana Driver’s License or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of employment;
• Offers for employment are conditional upon satisfactory response to a criminal background check.