This position will manage and perform geotechnical and field services projects for F&R Clients. Professional services will be provided on a wide variety of private and public sector projects including, but not limited to: buildings, bridges, roadways and pavements, retaining and shoring structures, storage tanks and dams
• Manage and mentor team of geotechnical engineers and project managers.
• Oversight of and or performing geotechnical projects (field reconnaissance, field logging and managing drilling program for variety of projects, review test results, perform geotechnical engineering calculations, preparation of soil reports and proposals and various geotechnical engineering tasks, among others) undertaken by the Charlotte and Greenville offices.
• Analyzing, preparing and reviewing test results, geotechnical engineering calculations and soil and subsurface investigation reports.
• Development and management of project schedules and budgets.
• Playing a key role in development and preparation of proposals to win geotechnical projects throughout the western North Carolina and South Carolina areas.
• Preparing and reviewing proposals, reports, and contracts as well as managing departmental financials.
• Additional duties may include preparation of soil, asphalt, concrete, and other building material reports, and related engineering tasks.