The National Security Campus (NSC) is a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) facility managed and operated by Honeywell Federal Manufacturing & Technology (FM&T). Our primary business is to manufacture sophisticated mechanical, electronic, and engineered material components for our nation’s defense system. Our goal is to seek innovative solutions that surpass our customers’ expectations. To accomplish this, we research, develop, and deploy some of the most advanced design and manufacturing technologies in use in the United States today.
Honeywell's FM&T is currently hiring Vendor Contact Field Representatives (VCFR) in Hartford, CT; Kansas City, MO; Minneapolis, MN: Los Angeles, CA and Milwaukee WI. The VCFR acts as a liaison between the purchased products organizations and the suppliers to assure quality and reliability of purchased materials. This is a remote field position with up to approximately 75% local travel, 25% out of state travel for candidates residing outside Kansas City and approximately 75% - 90% out of state travel for candidates in the Kansas City MO. area.
Note: Travel consist of trips to local and out of state suppliers; generally no overnight trips for local suppliers; mileage is reimbursed for local travel and any out of state trips earns Government Per Diem pay.
Summary of Duties:
- Performs open setup HiPot, Insulation Resistance and Contact Resistance Testing for connectors and cables.
- Operates complex computerized automated testers for inspection of Transmitters, Transponders, etc.
- Performs surveys and assessments of suppliers.
- Checks supplier's work and progress to ensure conformance to specifications using various inspection equipment (CMM, comparator, vision systems, hand tools, gages, electrical & leak testers).
- Plans, performs, and reports results of evaluations of operating practices in production, inspection, and supporting departments.
- Function as a team lead as needed.
- Evaluates accuracy and verifies implementation of reported corrective actions.
- Maintains appropriate records, initiates various inputs for management summaries, and assures that survey history documentation is complete and maintained to meet applicable requirements.
- Performs special evaluations, supplier qualification surveys, lab surveys, certified processes, process audits, and appraisals as required.
- Prepares reports and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- May perform other duties as required.
- Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment.
- Takes actions necessary to "stop" work when an unsafe condition or action is identified.
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.