Envirocon is seeking a Project Engineer to plan, design and direct the technical, engineering and quality aspects on assigned projects. The Project Engineer provides supervision and leadership for Field Engineers and Coordinators across Envirocon’s federal/nuclear services project portfolio. The Project Engineer develops technical solutions and leads value engineering initiatives from project inception through completion.
Travel: Local travel to the Midnite Mine site is required. Employee must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to and from work.
Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position. Standard days and hours of work may vary based on project timelines and workload.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical leadership in developing technical approaches and strategies for projects and proposals.
2. Lead technical teams in design, calculations, cost estimating, or other tasks required to successfully implement projects or develop winning cost proposals.
3. Develop risk management strategies to minimize Envirocon’s exposure for at-risk work.
4. Assist in analyzing work progress by calculation/preparing various comparison reports, charts, and tables under direct supervision and as required by contract or company policy.
5. Assist in preparation of Task Order estimates and proposal for upcoming work.
6. Work with Project Controls Personnel to update construction cost and schedule status.
7. Provides cost/construction data for such items as change requests, bid comparisons, etc.
8. Prepare design and work plan submittals.
9. Work with and supervise outside consultants.
10. Assist with supervision and support of field operations.
11. Review and evaluate subcontractors’ invoices and for accurate incorporation into monthly client billing.
12. Review, analyze and interpret customer construction specifications and drawings and develop subcontract bid packages.
13. Provide support to Project Management in development of change orders, claims and requests for equitable adjustment (REA).
14. Prepares grading models using customer supplied construction drawings.
15. Oversees field implementation of construction quality control measures to ensure conformance with customer requirements.
16. The Project Engineer is required to work well under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines. The Project Engineer shall at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues, management and customers.
17. Other duties assigned by the Project Manager.