The City of Bridgeport, CT is now accepting submissions for the position of
CIVIL ENGINEER I
Salary: $70,694.00 - $79,366.00 – This position includes a comprehensive benefits package including a Retirement Pension administered by MERS (Municipal Employees Retirement System).
To Apply: Please mail, deliver or email a resume, cover letter and three (3) professional references (name, title, business/company name, and contact information), to the Civil Service Commission office, 45 Lyon Terrace, room 106, Bridgeport, CT 06604. Required documents can be emailed to COB.Jobs@bridgeportct.gov.
Submissions must be submitted or postmarked no later than Thursday, January 19, 2016.
General Statement of Duties:
Professional civil engineering work of ordinary difficulty and responsibility in the area of field location work in connection with the design, layout and construction of sewer systems, streets, curbs, sidewalks, tasks involving traffic engineering, and related work as required, performed under technical supervision.
Typical tasks or assignments:
Supervises the work of a field party; makes surveys and profiles, and compute centerlines and grades for the construction, extension, or improvement of sanitary and storm sewers, streets, sidewalks and curbs; makes plan details of more than ordinary difficulty; inspects materials and work on a variety of street or sewer construction projects; performs office computations from field notes, may confer with and advise private surveyors and contractors with respect to locations, boundaries and the like; keeps engineering records, prepares reports, prepares partial and final estimates for payments to contractors; and performs traffic engineering studies under direct supervision.
Minimum qualification and skill requirements:
As to education, training and experience:
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering.
- One year of practical professional engineering experience.
- Any equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
As to special knowledge, ability and skill:
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering.
- Ability to make filed surveys and to train sub-professional engineering workers in the use of surveying instruments and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specifications.
- Ability to make plans, drawings and technical engineering computation.
- Skill in the use of field survey instruments
- Knowledge in traffic, traffic control systems and transportation engineering.
This job description is not, nor is it intended to be, a complete statement of all duties, functions, responsibilities and qualifications which comprise this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer MF/AA/DIS
For further information and contact:
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
45 LYON TERRACE
BRIDGEPORT, CT 06604