| Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is the largest publicly traded partnership and a leading North American provider of energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, natural gas liquids, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, Enterprise Products is ranked 64th on the FORTUNE 500 and has more than 6,500 employees. Enterprise?s large, integrated portfolio of operationally and geographically diverse assets, highlighted by its 50,000-mile pipeline network, serves as the foundation for organic growth opportunities. As a provider of largely fee-based services, Enterprise is less susceptible to commodity price fluctuations and offers stable sources of revenue. The partnership?s service offerings include onshore and offshore energy gathering, processing, storage, fractionation, terminalling, transportation and marketing. Additionally, energy professionals are discovering rewarding opportunities with Enterprise Products by putting their skills to work in exciting new growth areas, developing markets and pursuing innovative solutions for meeting the needs of customers and promote energy security for the country.Make the most of your talents in a fast-paced environment driven by people who strive for achievement. Enjoy corporate strength, stability, and a rewarding career at a growing industry-leading and diverse operating company with a track record for success. Tap into the professional possibilities of Enterprise Products Company.The Sr. Database Analyst is responsible for the retrieval, analysis, reporting and visualization of data stored within the central repository of pipeline information and presenting key performance indicators (KPIs) and business intelligence (BI) data in highly visualized charts and dashboards (as well as some legacy tabular reporting) for the purpose of helping business-unit stakeholders make more informed business decisions. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:|
- Responsible for writing advanced SQL queries to analyze, summarize, and display business intelligence data.
- Responsible for helping analyze and identify key performance indicators within large volumes of data.
- Responsible for leveraging SQL Server Analytic Services to query data from data warehouses and datamarts.
- Responsible for developing complex reports via SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Responsible for researching and recommending BI and data visualization technologies as part of a continual improvement program to present increasing more meaning data to business stakeholders.
- Primarily work in an office. Travel to field offices and locations with associated hazards.
- Additional hours beyond a standard eight-hour workday may be required in completing duties.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of high school diploma or GED is required.
- A bachelor's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, and user defined functions involving advanced unions, joins, aggregations and groups is required.
- Thorough conceptual understanding of Kimball and Inmon?s data warehousing techniques such as star schemas, conformed dimensions, and facts as well as minimum of 3 years of experience developing real-world business intelligence (BI) solutions based on these concepts is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience actively designing and developing OLAP data cubes based on SQL Server Analysis Services is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience writing reports using SQL Server Reporting Services based on Report Definition Language (RDL) is required.
- Experience developing SOLAP data cubes working with SQL Server geography data types is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing data visualization components such as charting and dashboards is preferred.
- A general understanding of the pipeline industry standard PODS data model is preferred.
- Ability to be methodical and show due diligence in understanding technical requirements and attention to detail delivering quality work is required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills are required.
- Effectively works with asset integrity staff to ensure that reporting specifications are correct.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage deliverables of multiple simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrates initiative and foresight relative to potential issues and problem solving.
- Follows through on assignments and brings complex tasks and projects to definitive closure.