Provide documentation for manufacture / automation / repair via authorization for expenditure (AFE).
- Organize and staff engineering function within limits of approved company policy.
- Hire, train and develop employees to execute engineering department functions.
- Consult with management/human resources on salary revisions, employee promotions and terminations.
- Execute mutually-agreed actions on employee relations.
- Directs Manufacturing in proper assembly of equipment, written work instruction, processing of redline drawings to insure as built revisions are adopted into the current design.
- Review and analyzes specifications sketches, drawings, ideas and related data to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Ability to determine engineering or business benefit to a design change or product enhancement, cost not only as it relates to the proposed change by engineering or others, but the impact to the fleet now and future.
- Compute mathematical formulas to develop and design detailed equipment or machinery using computer-assisted equipment.
- Order special tools, supplies and prototypes.
- Prepare project status reports as required
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and adjust all mechanical devices produced.
- Coordinate with other staff to design, lay-out or detail components and systems and to resolve design problems or challenges.
- Ability to travel to onsite locations to offer technical assistance.
- Strong customer support is required, as primary customers are internal.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field required
- 7 years as Mechanical Engineer with machine design, including moving parts
- Previous supervisory/management experience
- 5 years proven ability and capability with AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of purchasing and inventory skills
- Knowledge of finite element analysis a plus
- Knowledge of parts selection and quality rating of those parts
- Good troubleshooting skills to isolate problems
- Clear criminal history
- Ability to travel when necessary and have/obtain passport and necessary international work visas
CRTS provides the opportunity for Career Growth with Competitive Salary and Excellent Benefits Package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Matching 401k, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Tuition Assistance, and more.
Aegion Corporation and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.