Wabtec Corporation is a global provider of value-added, technology-based products and services for rail and other industrial markets. Through its subsidiaries, the company manufactures a range of products for locomotives, freight cars and passenger transit vehicles. The company also builds new switcher and commuter locomotives, and provides aftermarket services. The company has facilities located throughout the world.
The company currently has an opening for a System Engineer at our division located in Spartanburg, SC.
Responsible for rail transit brake and coupler system proposals for projects in the Americas, Asia and Australia.
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering or Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- 3 years proven experience in the design of mechanical systems preferred. Rail transit braking or coupler systems experience preferred.
- Strong academic background involving integration of mechanical and electrical disciplines. Mechanical applications skills required.
- Integration skills for electronics, pneumatics, electro-pneumatics, electro-hydraulic, hydraulic and mechanical components required.
- Requirements development and definition skills in the areas of mechanical, electronic and software systems.
- A high degree of familiarity with North American and European standards.
- System analysis skills, including decision, cost, safety, reliability, and maintainability are required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills related to technical issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills needed for dealing with all levels of internal and external organizations.
- Proficiency with graphical presentation, database, spreadsheet, and word-processing software.
- A high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation is required.
- A strong desire for customer satisfaction and customer interaction is required.
- Ability to accept and respond to daily direction provided by the program manager(s) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player is required.
Qualified individuals should submit their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Wabtec Corporation takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.